mercoledì 18 luglio 2012

Thank you, Jon

I've been always a rock mad since when I was a child. I have always listen to rock music, I play guitar, bass guitar, keyboards and drums. I'm always  surrounded by rock music, always. For this reason, when I have read the news about the Jon Lord's death I felt like a piece of my life was going away.

For those unlucky people ignoring the name and work of Jon Lord, it's enough to say that Jon Lord was the  Deep Purple "keyboards".

Jon Lord and the Deep Purple helped us in Italy to be in contact with the rest of the world, to be part of a global rock culture sharing common values. It's clear enough that italian "o sole mio" singers cannot share the same fate and role...



When I was a boy (in the 70s) the music of Deep Purple (as well as the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead, Who, Clash, Jimi Hendrix, Sex Pistols,  Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Cream, etc...)represented a tool against the traditional popular (boring) italian music. The conflict between "old" and "new".

Just few weeks ago, at a traffic light, a 20 young  man was near to me with his car and his stereo where at high volume he was listening to a Laura Pausini tune. So I wondered: is this the music of the new generation? Are they really young? The music he was listening to is a kind of music my grandma could listen. So, now we are old, but we are dramatically younger, being still highly "rock-oriented", than this generation...
 
Anyway. It obvious that Jon Lord will remain with us forever thanks his extraordinary musical work: maybe just few other rockers can share the same  influence in rock music with their keyboards.


I am who I am (positively or negatively) thanks also to these great rockers: thank you for all,  Jon Lord.




Nessun commento: